As countries start to open up and airports globally laying guidelines on how to resume flights, its time to get online and find out the best outdoor safari activity for your post lockdown experience. Gorilla habituation experience is considered as one of the idea tourist activity that people should look out for due to several reasons that involve social distancing, few numbers and contributing immensely to mountain gorilla conservation and community development around Bwindi impenetrable National Park. Encounter Africa Safaris in conjunction with tourism stakeholders have come up with the new normal safari guidelines
Reasons to book a gorilla habituation experience after Covid 19 lockdown
There so many reasons why one should book a gorilla habituation experience after COVID 19 lockdown. One of the prime reasons is that gorilla habituation experience which allows only 4 people per gorilla family is ideal for social distancing. The fewer the number of people per group is good news for social distancing since there is no overcrowding. By doing so, we will be reducing on chances of spreading COVID 19 amongst human beings as well as mountain gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable National Park.
Gorilla habituation being 4 hours with these great apes is a worthwhile experience since it gives you enough time with mountain gorillas in one day. By booking a gorilla habituation experience for $1500 and spending 4 ours is much cheaper and ideal compared to booking normal gorilla permits at $700 per one hour.
How to book a gorilla habituation experience after lock-down
Book a gorilla habituation experience to spend four hours with mountain gorillas is very simple. It is understandable that many people now spend more time online which is good. All you need to do is send us an email indicating when you intend to visit Uganda as well as the number of people in your group. We will then contact the Uganda Wildlife Authority on email and phone to check availability and then reserve your permits accordingly. An invoice will be issued for you to make payment to enable us to pay and secure your gorilla habituation experience permit.
Gorilla habituation experience permit cancellation and rescheduling during Covid 19 Lock down
It is possible to book your four-hour gorilla habituation experience permit and safari while still at home as long as you have your phone and or computer. Due to uncertainties brought about by this COVID 19 pandemic, Uganda Wildlife Authority has eased on cancellation and rescheduling policy. It is now possible to book your permit but should you not be able to trek on your first date, UWA will allow you to reschedule your permit two times up to December 2022. If this is not possible for you, the other option available to tour operators it to process a credit statement where funds will remain with UWA to be used in the near future when things return to normal. For more information about cancellation and gorilla permit rescheduling, please contact us.
What to pack for your gorilla habituation experience after Covid 19 or lockdown
Uganda wildlife Authority has added other things to be considered on top of the usual packing list for gorilla habituation experience. Effective 2020, all people interested in trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park will have to wear a mask and N95 Mask is the only acceptable MASK for gorilla trekking. One will not be allowed to trek or spend time with mountain gorillas without it among others. Click here for what to pack for your gorilla habituation experience holiday.
New post lockdown gorilla trekking rules for gorilla trekking in Uganda
- The existing gorilla habituation trekking rules and guidelines will remain in force to prevent any human from animal transmissions. These include
- 4 will be allowed to track a given gorilla habituation experience family
- The tourists must keep 7m away from mountain gorillas
- Tourists who during the briefing are observed to be overly coughing shall not be allowed to track
- Tourists who during the briefing are observed to be sick shall not be allowed to track. These include tourists with signs flu and those who report having diarrhoea and stomach upsets, malaria etc
- While the forests are dense and don’t have any specific trails for tracking, the assigned UWA guides shall try as humanly possible to ensure that there is social distancing among the tourists while the tracking takes place
- The tourists shall be encouraged to carry light equipment to minimise the need for potters while they undertake the tracking. This will be communicated to potential tourists through the tour operators and other fora
- Due to the reported side effects of putting on masks for long periods and in high altitudes, the number of breaks during the tracking shall be doubled to give tourists time to breathe fresh air.
- During these breaks, social distancing should be observed
Accommodation, Restaurants and Curio Shops-Uwa
Encounter Africa Safaris will support accommodations, restaurants, canteens and shops together with all concessionaire accommodations and services run in a manner that provides a safe environment both for staff and tourists as per the guidelines and measures designed by MTWA and UTB The UWA PA COVID taskforce shall ensure the implementation and enforcement of these guidelines, which include among others:
- Having a COVID committee that enforces all the measures in the accommodation facilities and monitors the tourists
- Ensuring social distancing, hand washing and respiratory hygiene measures at all the accommodations
- Ensuring that the necessary equipment and medical kits are provided by the facilities
- Ensuring all technical and maintenances services such as dishwashing and laundry equipment, dispensers are regularly checked and cleaned
- Ensuring that restaurants, breakfast and dining rooms and bars are enforcing observing social distancing and hygiene measures such as hand washing and sanitising
- Ensuring that housekeeping and cleaning is done regularly, with emphasis on disinfecting the different surfaces
What happens if I don’t make it for my gorilla habituation experience safari due to Covid 19 Pandemic
If for any reason one fails to make it for his or her gorilla habituation experience safari, the following steps will be taken to make sure that he or she does not lose out. Gorilla habituation permits will be rescheduled to another date or a credit statement processed. All monies for accommodation, transport and other activities will be kept to be used when you decide to travel at no extra cost. This is to make sure that your safari remains secure at any time.
Why book Post lockdown safari with Encounter Africa Safaris
Encounter Africa safaris is one of the most trusted Safari company operating in four destinations of Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Tanzania. We pride ourselves in creating experiences that last long and have an impact on community and wildlife. We have a team of both office and field staff ready to handle all your inquiries as to the come through so feel free to contact us anytime. Encounter Africa safaris is highly recommended in trip advisor as well as safari bookings. Consider reading our New Normal Safari guidelines.