Gorillas and Mountain Sabinyo Hiking
4 Days 3 Nights
Rates are per person (pp) and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
This 4 Day Gorillas and Mountain Sabinyo Hiking is meant for those interested in Tracking Gorillas and Hiking Mountain Sabinyo. During this Safari you will be able to Track Gorillas in Mgahinga National Park or Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Sabinyo Mountain Hike in Mgahinga National Park. Mount Sabinyo is the smallest among the Ggahinga Ranges in the south of Uganda.
Summary of 4 day Gorillas and Mountain Sabinyo Hike safari
- Day 01: Pick up from Airport/ Hotel in Kampala/Entebbe and drive to bwindi Impenetrable National park
- Day02: Gorilla tracking and and transfer to Mgahinga National Park
- Day03: Early morning Hike of Mount Sabinyo
- Day04: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe for drop off at the Hotel/Airport to end the 4 Day Gorillas and Mountain Sabinyo Hiking trip.
- You will visit Uganda
- The trip starts in Kampala/Entebbe and ends in Kampala/Entebbe
- You will visit Bwindi Impenetrable National park and Mgahinga National park
- You will do Gorillas and Mountain Sabinyo.
- You will use a safari customized van and there is room for upgrade in case requested at an extra cost
- Pre and cost tour accommodation can be arranged at an extra cost
Things To Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small Group Safari: Max 6 People per group
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
DAY 1: Pick up from the Airport/Hotel and drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Your driver guide will pick you from the Hotel/Entebbe and then you start your scenic view to Bwindi. You will stop at the Equator and later for en route lunch before you proceed to bwindi and you will arrive late evening for Dinner and overnight.
Drive Time: Approximately 8-9 hours
Accommodation: Rushaga Gorilla Havens/Bakiga Lodge
Meals: Full board
DAY 2: Gorilla trekking and Transfer to Mgahinga National Park
After an early breakfast you will drive to park headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trek. You guide you tell you the dos and donts of the trek and later you will start the trek. The trek can take you more or less time depending on where the gorillas will be on that day. You will be allowed to view and take photographs for 1 hours and later return to the head quarter for issuance of your certificates.
Accommodation: Lake Chahafi Resort
Meal plan: Full board
DAY 3: Early Morning Hiking of Mt. Sabinyo
Today, you will start the hike to the top of Mount Sabinyo, a Virunga Volcano that you can only access its summit from the park. The summit of the mountain lies at 3,645 meters (11,959 ft), marks the intersection of the borders of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Rwanda, and Uganda. The slopes of Mt. Sabinyo are a habitat for the critically endangered mountain gorillas.
You will see the rugged nature of the terrain along the Sabinyo slopes that has many craters with sharp ridges. The Mount Sabinyo hike is a one day hike involving 4 hours to the summit and 4 hours back and this depends on the pace and weather conditions. Walking sticks are provided for free meanwhile the porters are available for hire. You will go through vegetation ranges from the bamboo zone between 2400 – 2800m. After ascending to its park, have some rest and your packed lunch. Start descending the mountain. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Overnight at: Lake Chahafi Resort
Meal Plan: Full board
DAY 4: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe to end the trip
After breakfast and relaxation at the lodge, you will bid farewell to the lodge and drive back to Kampala/Entebbe for drop off at the Hotel or Airport to end the 4Day Uganda Gorilla and Mt Sabinyo Hiking safari.
End of Tour
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost
- You’ll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel)
COST PER PERSON SHARING
|Persons||Date||Price per person|
|1 Person||Any date||USD1000.00|
|2 Persons||Any date||USD785.00|
|3 Persons||Any date||USD765.00|
|4 Persons||Any date||USD740.00|
|5 Persons||Any date||USD700.00|
|6 Persons||Any date||USD680.00|
- Airport transfers on first and last day,
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
- Park entrance fees of both National Parks
- Gorilla permit at USD600.00 per person per trek(we book it for you)
- Pre and post tour accommodation in Entebbe or Kampala
- International airfares
- Uganda Visa (USD50.00 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Items of personal nature such as tips, drinks, and laundry
STANDARD: 4X4 SAFARI VAN
Our standard mode of transport is by road and we use 4×4 Safari Vans customized for game viewing and photography. Each safari van comes with a professionally trained driver guide and fuel for the whole safari. Our Safari vans have viewing hatches and each client is entitled to a window seat. Our Vans can take up to eight people. We also have 4×4 Super Customs very comfortable and stable on the road. These carry up to 5 people with their luggage. We also have 4×4 RAV 4 for a group of two people
UPGRADE: 4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LANDCRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while IN THE VEHICLE). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as your smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed of a window seat.