Mountain Rwenzori Hiking
3 Days 2 Nights
Rates are per person (pp) and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
This 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking is one of the most physical and yet still most interesting of hikes you can do while in Uganda, with Mountain Rwenzori stretching high up to a height of 5,109 meters above see level. Hikers and mountain trekkers that plan to embark on the trek of Rwenzori mountains can either use the Rwenzori central circuit or the Kilembe trekking route for this interesting trekking up hill to climb Rwenzori Mountains national park in Uganda, this tour can bee booked based on the number of days you have at hand and levels of physical ability to take on this adventure to hike up to the top of the snow capped mountains. The mountain lies close to the Equator in the south. We do organize trip to the area and can arrange for you one based on the days you have and guarantee your safety and security while on this trip with us.
With this I have attached herewith our 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking tour starts from with pickup from Entebbe and ends with a drop off back here at the end of the trip for your flight out, accommodation included and camping gear while at the mountain and other services as mentioned below.
If you’re a luxury traveller, don’t bounce off yet, this 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking can be tailor made to suite your style too. Enquire with our team of experts to makes sure they get everything right – including accommodation, transportation, meals.
- Safari takes place in Western Uganda.
- Safari starts and ends in Entebbe (Uganda)
- You’ll visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Mountain gorilla tracking and spending one hour among a selected gorilla family
- Countryside road trip in an open-sided 4×4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for extra cost
Things To Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small Group Safari: Max 6 People per group
- 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
DAY 1: Transfer from Kampala or Entebbe to Kasese for overnight.
After breakfast, you will be picked up from either the Airport/Guest House to start your 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking trip to Kasese. The drive will take you around 8 hours. You will have a stop over in mubende for lunch and then proceed with your journey to Kasese for overnight at a hotel in area as you prepare yourself for the next days trek.
DAY 2: Transfer to Sine Camp
You will transfer to the footsteps of the mountain to start the Climb up from 1,450 to Sine Hut 2,680m where you spend a night. This hike starts from the valley floor through tall forest trees of the Afro Montane Forest Zone and continues with a steady climb with multitudes of birds and a chance of seeing blue monkeys scampering off through the forest. At times visitors may see troupes of 15 to 20 black and white Colobus monkeys as they swing through the treetops. There are rare sightings of the L’Hoest monkey, which are part of the Bukonzo cultural emblems and are protected by the virtue of the King or Omusinga or you may hear wild chimpanzee in the distance. There is wide variety of plant species from forest trees to bamboos thickets, low shrubs, flowers, fungi, and with many moss and lichen covered vines hanging from the tall trees creating an awesome appeal. Enock’s Falls are just 200 meters from Sine Hut and offer a splendid opportunity to capture a great screensaver for your memories. At Sine Camp 2,596 meters we have wooden huts set between tall forest trees on a narrow ridge where you may sit and enjoy the beauty of the Afro Montane forest while you look down at a fantastic waterfall crashing over the rocks far below. For those who are fit and want to proceed to Kalalama Camp at 3,134 metres may do so and apart from the fantastic views gives you more time at Mutinda Camp where you may climb up to Mutinda Lookout at 3,975 metres.
DAY 3: Descend back to the base of the mountain.
After breakfast return back down the mountain and set off back to Kampala Entebbe to End the 3 Day Mountain Rwenzori hiking tour with your flight out.
End of Tour
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost
- You’ll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel)
COST PER PERSON SHARING
|Persons||Date||Price per person|
|1 Person||Any date||USD1195.00|
|2 Persons||Any date||USD1150.00|
|3 Persons||Any date||USD1130.00|
|4 Persons||Any date||USD1110.00|
|5 Persons||Any date||USD1090.00|
|6 Persons||Any date||USD1070.00|
- Airport transfers on first and last day,
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
- Accommodation whilst in the mountain
- Hiking Gear
- All Porters
- All park entrance fees of Rwenzori Mountain National park
- Pre and post tour accommodation in Entebbe or Kampala
- International airfares
- Uganda Visa (USD50.00 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Items of personal nature such as tips, drinks, and laundry
STANDARD: 4X4 SAFARI VAN
Our standard mode of transport is by road and we use 4×4 Safari Vans customized for game viewing and photography. Each safari van comes with a professionally trained driver guide and fuel for the whole safari. Our Safari vans have viewing hatches and each client is entitled to a window seat. Our Vans can take up to eight people. We also have 4×4 Super Customs very comfortable and stable on the road. These carry up to 5 people with their luggage. We also have 4×4 RAV 4 for a group of two people
UPGRADE: 4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LANDCRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while IN THE VEHICLE). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as your smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed of a window seat.