Luxury Gorilla Habituation and Chimp trekking Safari
5 Days 4 Nights From $4630, Per person
Rates are per person and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
Solo traveler can book this tour
Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
This 5 Day Luxury Gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari is good for those who want to spend more time with the world’s great primates in the names of mountain gorillas and chimpanzees. This trip takes you to the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the Rushaga region for gorilla habituation experience and then to Kibale National Park for chimpanzee habituation experience. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is the only park in the whole world offering gorilla habituation experience and as such, you will have an opportunity to spend four hours with mountain gorillas compared to one work of gorilla trekking. From Bwindi National Park, you will drive to Kibale National Park to spend a whole day with chimpanzees in what is called chimpanzee habituation experience. Enjoy and compare these two experiences while in Uganda
Summary of our 5 Day Luxury Gorilla habituation and Chimp trekking safari
- Day 01: Our 5 day gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari starts from Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Day 02: Spend 4 hours with gorillas during your gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 03: Drive back to Kibale Forest National Park for overnight.
- Day Four: Chimp trekking in Kibale National Park
- Day Five: Drive back to Entebbe International Airport marking the end of your 5 Day Gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari
Things To Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small Group Safari: Max 6 People per group
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Private tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Entebbe (Uganda)
- You’ll visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Kibale Forest National Park
- Activities: gorilla habituation experience, chimpanzee tracking
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for extra cost
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
DAY 1: Pick up and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
You will be picked by Encounter Africa safaris driver guide to start your 5 day luxury gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Our safaris normally start very early in the morning with stops at the Equator crossing for photography and a lunch break in Mbarara town. You will then proceed to the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park because this is where gorilla habituation experience is currently taking place. This journey is very scenic as you have an opportunity to see the Kigezi rolling hills and valleys as you travel to Kisoro or southern part if Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will arrive late afternoon for Dinner and Overnight.
Drive time: 8-9 hours
Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
DAY 2: Gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
You will wake up early in the morning and head to the park headquarters to join other clients for briefing about dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas on your habituation experience. After briefing, you will start your trek into the forest guided by researchers and guides. During your trek, you may encounter several birds, other animals and primates in the forest and once you have found the gorillas you will spend four hours with them and return back to the Lodge for overnight. You will have an opportunity to listen and observer researchers doing their work of habituating gorillas and if possible you will be called upon to participate by collecting samples, naming of group members, making calls and so much more.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner
DAY 3: Transfer to Kibale National Park
You will drive from Bwindi Impenetrable National park to Kibale Forest National Park on this third day of your 5 day gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari. You will arrive late afternoon for Dinner and overnight since lunch will be served en route.
Drivetime: Approximately 6-7 hours
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
DAY 4: Chimp trekking in Kibale National Park
After an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to Kibale National Park for briefing about the dos and don’ts while with a community or party of chimpanzees. After briefing, you will start your trek in the forest with chances of seeing other 11 primates in the forest. You will spend the one hour in the forest with guides for observation and photograpy. Return to the Lodge for Dinner and overnight.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner
DAY 5: End of your 5 day gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari
After breakfast and depending on your departure flight details, you will drive 5-6 hours to Kampala/Entebbe marking the end of your 5 day gorilla habituation and chimp trekking safari in Uganda.
COST PER PERSON SHARING
|Persons||Date||Price per person|
|1 Person||Any date||USD5800.00|
|2 Persons||Any date||USD4630.00|
|3 Persons||Any date||USD4240.00|
|4 Persons||Any date||USD4045.00|
|5 Persons||Any date||USD3920.00|
|6 Persons||Any date||USD38500.00|
- Airport transfers on first and last day,
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
- Gorilla Habituation permit at USD1500.00 per person per trek
- Chimp permit at USD150.00 per person per trek or USD100.00 in April, May and November
- Pre and post tour accommodation in Entebbe or Kampala
- International airfares
- Uganda Visa (USD50 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Items of personal nature such as tips, drinks, and laundry
STANDARD: 4X4 SAFARI VAN
Our standard mode of transport is by road and we use 4×4 Safari Vans customized for game viewing and photography. Each safari van comes with a professionally trained driver guide and fuel for the whole safari. Our Safari vans have viewing hatches and each client is entitled to a window seat. Our Vans can take up to eight people. We also have 4×4 Super Customs very comfortable and stable on the road. These carry up to 5 people with their luggage. We also have 4×4 RAV 4 for a group of two people
UPGRADE: 4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LANDCRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while IN THE VEHICLE). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as your smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed of a window seat.