How to reschedule Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Permits
Here is how to reschedule Rwanda gorilla trekking Permits to see gorillas in Volcanoes National Park. The outbreak of covid-19 pandemic affected many travelers making them miss out on their planned and booked gorilla trekking, this has since forced them to postpone their treks to future dates. Rescheduling Rwanda Gorilla trekking permits is a process and you will need to follow all the required steps for you to successfully reschedule your gorilla trekking permits to a future date. For those who booked directly through a given tour operator you will need to inform them on your future new dates where you need your permits to be rescheduled to and for those who booked through a given tour operator you will need to work with them to help you reschedule your permits to a new date.
For us to help you reschedule your Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Permits, you will need to send us an email detailing why you want to change your permits to trek on a new date, we will then inform Rwanda Development Board and request for a reschedule of your permits accordingly. Once the reschedule is approved and your new gorilla trekking date is entered in the system you will be good to go. We will notify you will all the details for your new gorilla trekking date for your records and perusal.
The Rwanda Development Board (RDB) recognizes that in the context of the current global emergency, travel partners, tourists, and all industry stakeholders may find it necessary to reschedule their travel itineraries due to international travel restrictions or covid-19 related travel concerns. As a result cancellation/postponement of Rwanda gorilla trekking permits rules are hereby revised as follows;
- Removal of the 7 day limit for all tourists to postpone their park permits. Before covid rescheduling Rwanda Gorilla Permits was only applicable with a 7 days advance notice however it is still accepted once and has to be done within 15 months of date of purchase/booking.
- Removal of 30 day limit for tour operators to submit the final payment of affected permits.
- Tourists who wish to postpone their park permits because of flight cancellations or travel ban or being infected with COVID-19 or other related COVID-19 related concerns including low season, personalized packages, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Events ) can postpone their bookings at no extra cost (Subject to submission of official documentation) until May 31st 2022.
- Tour operators whose clients have cancelled will be offered future permit credit that maybe used by other clients.
This offer unless modified will be valid from 25th January 2021 up to 31st May 2022 and such permit modifications will be conducted twice within the mentioned period. We will keep you posted accordingly as per the update modifications made. Feel free to contact us here for more details.
Rwanda is one of the best places in the world to see primates in their natural habitat; Mountains Gorillas, Golden monkeys and Chimpanzees. Primate tourism activities in Rwanda include Gorilla tracking only done in Volcanoes National Park, Golden Monkey tracking done in Volcanoes National and Gishwati Mukura National Park, and Chimpanzee tracking done in Gishwati Mukura National park and Nyungwe National Park.
Rwanda Government through the Rwanda Development Board on 17th June 2020 re-opened up for tourism activities in all its national parks and other parts of Rwanda together with its private sector Rwanda Development board is offering attractive all-inclusive tourism packages for Rwandans and foreign residents. The packages are designed for you to explore Rwanda’s amazing leisure and recreational activities across the country. Due to Covid-19 effect the board also offered various offers and discounts on various activities in Rwanda National Park which will be operational until 31st December 2020 as below;
- Gorilla permits are now available at USD300 for Rwandans and East African nationals residing in Rwanda, USD500 for foreign residents and USD1500 for international tourists coming with charter flights, this will remain the same for those arriving in Rwanda through scheduled flights starting on 1st August 2020.
- Special packages are available for groups, families and corporates on other products in Volcanoes and Nyungwe National Parks, contact us here for details
What are the specific guidelines and SOPs for International Visitors travelling to Rwanda?
- Travelers will be tested for COVID-19 upon arrival at Kigali International Airport. The payment for the test at the airport is $60 ($50 for the test and $10 for specific logistics at the airport). The payment is to be made online or by cash upon arrival.
- All travelers are required to wait 24 hours for the results of their COVID-19 test in a designated transit hotel. The Government of Rwanda has negotiated special rates at designated transit hotels for the 24 hour waiting period. A list of the designated transit hotels is here.
- All travelers transiting/connecting through Kigali International Airport will be screened and tested for COVID-19 with all other arriving passengers.
- If a traveler’s test result is positive for COVID-19 (even if asymptomatic) while in Rwanda, they will be treated as indicated in the National COVID-19 Management Guidelines until they have fully recovered. All treatment is at the expense of the traveler.
Travelers departing Rwanda must test negative for COVID-19. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Chain Polymerase (RT-PCR) performed within 150 hours before departure. All other tests are not permitted. Travelers are encouraged to book and pay for their tests at least two days prior to departure through the online platform
Why book with Encounter Africa Safaris your safari to Rwanda
Encounter Africa safaris offers amazing safari experiences in Rwanda. Contact us for our discounted packages and also tailor-made tours in Rwanda. Our professionalism in organizing authentic experience stems from the fact that we have overtime assembled a team mixed with young and energetic staff guided by well-experienced mature managers and directors who are Ugandans and passionate about what they do. Encounter Africa Safaris is highly rated and reviewed on trip Advisor and safari bookings to help you learn about the experiences of the other travelers who have traveled with us and we are ready to follow all the set SOPs to ensure the safety and health of our clients.