UGANDA BUDGETED TOURS
BUDGET GORILLA SAFARIS TO SEE MOUNTAIN GORILLAS IN UGANDA AND RWANDA
Are you looking for budget gorilla trips to visit mountain gorillas in Uganda or Rwanda? Encounter Africa safaris specializes in organizing tailor-made and value-for-money Gorilla safaris to see habituated mountain gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda. A typical budget gorilla safari for 3 days to Bwindi or Mgahinga National Park costs between $490-$520 in a group of two people sharing services of Transport, accommodation, and services of a driver-guide.
Price of Uganda and or Rwanda gorilla permits
Planning a budget-friendly gorilla trekking trip to Uganda or Rwanda revolves around a crucial aspect: the gorilla permit. These permits grant you the privilege of getting up close and personal with these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. Here's a breakdown of the permit costs and some cost-saving tips:
Gorilla Permits in Uganda:
- For foreign non-residents, a gorilla permit in Uganda costs $700.
- If you are a foreign resident with a working permit, the cost is reduced to $600.
- For a more immersive experience, you can opt for gorilla habituation permits in Uganda, which are priced at $1500 per person for a four-hour encounter with mountain gorillas.
Rwanda Gorilla Permits:
- In Rwanda, gorilla permits are priced at $1500 per person and allow you to spend one hour with gorillas in Volcanoes National Park.
If you're looking to make your budget go further, consider choosing Uganda for your gorilla trekking adventure. In Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga, you can obtain a gorilla permit for $700. In contrast, the same experience in Rwanda would set you back $1500 per person per trek. This cost-saving choice results in substantial savings, with $800 left to allocate for your trip. This amount is more than sufficient to cover a 3-day gorilla trekking holiday in Uganda, which typically costs between $490 to $520 when traveling in a group of two people.
To simplify the process and make it hassle-free, we offer services to organize, book, and purchase gorilla permits for your Uganda Budget Gorilla Tours on behalf of our clients and international travel agents. In Uganda, gorilla permits are available for purchase at a cost of $700 per permit through the Uganda Wildlife Authority in Kampala, while in Rwanda, the RDB sells gorilla permits at a rate of $1500 per person.
If you opt for an all-inclusive Uganda gorilla tour, we will handle all the arrangements, including transportation, accommodation, guides, and your gorilla permit. However, if you prefer to book gorilla permits only, we charge a small administrative fee for this service to ensure your permits are secured efficiently. This way, you can focus on enjoying your gorilla trekking adventure without the hassle of permit procurement and logistics.
Price of Lodges around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Mgahinga, or Volcanoes
We categorized lodges around Bwindi or Volcanoes National Park as Luxury, Mid-range, and Budget. Encounter Africa safaris recommend you consider your budget before choosing where to stay. Most budget Lodges around Bwindi or Mgahinga cost between $50-60 per person sharing. We craft all our budget gorilla trekking trips, taking into consideration budget lodges and campsites that come cheaply yet offer value for money. This helps keep the price down while enhancing your gorilla trekking experience in Uganda and Rwanda. Book with confidence by contacting us here.
Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking?
If you choose Uganda, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and or Mgahinga are the places to be. Budget gorilla habituation experience safari are also available in Uganda. Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park offers an amazing opportunity to see habituated mountain gorillas in the wild. While planning a budget gorilla trekking holiday to Uganda or Rwanda, we mind so much about your budget. We strongly believe that you don’t have to spend much on accommodation and transport and other adjustable items to achieve your dream of gorilla trekking. With your $490 per person in a group of two, you will see gorillas in Uganda when you book our 3-day budget gorilla trip to Mgahinga or Bwindi. The $490 is on top of $700 for your gorilla permit in Uganda. Rwanda has placed itself as a luxury destination, but with our experience, we can craft for you an affordable yet value-for-money safari holiday using Budget lodges around Volcanoes National Park and transport by 4×4 comfortable safari vans.
Best time to go or book your gorilla safari
The best time to trek mountain gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda is during the drier seasons when rainfall is minimal. These dry periods ensure that the trekking trails are less slippery and more accessible. However, it's important to note that the drier seasons align with the high and peak tourist seasons in both Uganda and Rwanda, which can lead to slightly higher service costs.
Conversely, the low seasons in Uganda and Rwanda typically occur during the traditional rainy months of April, May, November, and October. During these periods, you may find some cost-saving opportunities. Uganda, through the Uganda Wildlife Authority, occasionally offers discounts on gorilla permits, providing an excellent chance to save on this essential expense. Additionally, lodges in the region often reduce room rates by around 10%, further enhancing your cost-saving potential.
The timing of your gorilla trekking adventure can significantly impact your budget. Whether you opt for the drier or wetter season, it's essential to understand that the chances of encountering mountain gorillas in Uganda and Rwanda remain consistently high, reaching up to 98%. Therefore, while the season may influence the cost of your trip, it should not deter you from planning your once-in-a-lifetime gorilla trekking experience.
UGANDA BUDGET TOUR PACKAGES
If you are looking for an affordable way to explore Uganda then a budget safari will definitely help you cut the costs. Numerous happy budget travelers have shared their fantastic experiences in our reviews. If you need some inspiration, feel free to take a look at our Uganda budget tour reviews from previous visitors.
- edouard h
great agency - we had an amazing experience using Encounter Africa, very professional staff, super reactive, reliable and friendly. the hotel selection that was proposed was very good value for money and the... read more
August 21, 2023NYCgirl04
Excellent experience with Encounter! - Seamless experience from start to finish. Great communication with Denis when booking. Denis gave me several options for lodges/tours and provided guidance along the way when deciding which was the... read more
July 9, 2023anamK1018DQ
Amazing trip to Uganda - I booked my trip with Encounter Africa Safaris. It was a five das trip As a solo traveller. Dennis, the organiser, was extremely helpful and caring during the whole... read more
July 25, 2023KittyK1
Exceptional service and an amazing experience! - Excellent service - Was able to curate my own trip with assistance from the company. Everything was so easy and payments safe too. Easy booking, great communication, great driver/guide, really... read more
August 12, 2023Sarah B
The whole experience, from start to finish, was absolutely amazing. Adams is THE MAN!! Everything ran seamlessly, from pick up to drop off. Adams was great at keeping us entertained... read more
July 28, 2023Serene S
Amazing experience! - My husband and I did the three day gorilla trekking tour. We had an amazing time! Our driver Martin really made the experience. When we travel we like to try... read more
July 4, 2023
Why Choose Uganda for a Budget Tour?
Uganda is an ideal destination for budget-conscious travelers for several reasons:
Affordable Accommodation: Uganda boasts a range of budget-friendly lodging options, from hostels and guesthouses to campgrounds. These accommodations offer comfortable, clean, and often charming places to stay at a fraction of the cost of luxury lodges.
Incredible Wildlife: Uganda is home to some of the most sought-after wildlife experiences in Africa, including gorilla trekking and safari adventures. While permits for activities like gorilla trekking are relatively expensive, there are budget-friendly safari tours that allow travelers to witness the wonders of the wild.
Cultural Encounters: Uganda is rich in cultural diversity, with over 56 different ethnic groups. Engaging with local communities, learning about their traditions, and experiencing their way of life is often free or available at a low cost.
Diverse Landscapes: From lush rainforests to the vast savannahs of national parks, Uganda's landscapes offer a wide variety of outdoor experiences that are accessible to budget travelers.
Budget-Friendly Activities in Uganda
Gorilla Trekking: While gorilla permits can be expensive, choosing a budget tour operator can significantly reduce the overall cost. Groups and shared experiences are often more affordable.
Game Drives: Explore the national parks on a game drive to witness the stunning wildlife. Budget tours often include these drives, providing an affordable way to see the "Big Five" and more.
Hiking: Uganda offers numerous hiking opportunities, including trails in the Rwenzori Mountains and Mount Elgon. These experiences are budget-friendly and provide a chance to explore the country's breathtaking landscapes.
Boat Safaris: Many budget tours include boat safaris on the Nile or the Kazinga Channel, allowing travelers to spot a wide variety of wildlife and enjoy beautiful scenery.
Cultural Tours: Immerse yourself in Ugandan culture by visiting local villages, participating in traditional dances, and learning about the customs of different tribes. These cultural experiences are often included in budget tours.
While Uganda is renowned for its incredible low-cost safari experiences, many budget travelers may be concerned about the cost of accommodation. Fortunately, there are budget-friendly safari lodges and camps in Uganda that allow you to immerse yourself in the beauty of its national parks without breaking the bank. Let's explore some of these budget-friendly lodges:
Budget-friendly Accommodation Bwindi Impenetrable National Park:
- Rushaga Gorilla Camp: Located near the Rushaga entrance, this camp offers comfortable budget accommodation for visitors trekking to see the endangered mountain gorillas. The camp provides cozy cottages with modern amenities.
- Buhoma Community Rest Camp: Set amidst the lush forests, this camp offers budget travelers clean and comfortable bandas (traditional huts). It's an ideal base for gorilla trekking and nature walks.
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge: Perched on a hilltop, this lodge provides stunning views of Bwindi Forest. It offers budget-friendly rooms with en-suite facilities and a cozy fireplace in the restaurant.
- Broadbill Forest Camp: Nestled in the Ruhija sector, this camp offers budget accommodation in comfortable tents. It's perfect for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts.
Low-cost Accommodation Queen Elizabeth National Park:
- Simba Safari Camp: This affordable camp is situated near the Ishasha sector of the park, known for its tree-climbing lions. The camp offers comfortable tents and cottages with beautiful river views.
- Bush Lodge (Ishasha): This rustic yet charming lodge provides budget accommodation in the Ishasha sector. Enjoy nature walks and game drives to spot the unique tree-climbing lions.
- Pumba Safari Cottages: Located in the Kyambura Gorge area, Pumba Safari Cottages offer budget-friendly cottages with modern amenities. It's a great choice for travelers looking to explore the park's diverse landscapes.
- Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge: This budget lodge, situated in the Mweya sector, offers comfortable rooms with en-suite facilities. It's an excellent starting point for safaris and boat cruises on the Kazinga Channel.
Affordable Lodges in Kibale National Park:
- Kibale Forest Camp: This camp provides budget travelers with comfortable tents and cottages in the heart of the forest. It's an excellent base for chimpanzee tracking and birdwatching.
- Chimpanzee Forest Guesthouse: Located in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, this guesthouse offers affordable accommodation for travelers seeking a unique natural experience.
- Crater Safari Lodge: While slightly more upscale, Crater Safari Lodge offers budget-friendly rooms with breathtaking views of the Crater Lakes in the area.
- Isunga Lodge: Another option for budget-conscious travelers, Isunga Lodge offers comfortable accommodations with panoramic views of Lake Kyaninga and the Rwenzori Mountains.
Budget-friendly Camps in Murchison Falls National Park:
- Red Chilli Rest Camp: Overlooking the Victoria Nile, this camp offers budget dormitory-style rooms, bandas, and tents. It's an excellent choice for budget travelers seeking adventure.
- Heritage Safari Lodge: Situated near Paraa, this lodge provides affordable rooms with en-suite facilities. Enjoy game drives, boat safaris, and hikes in the park.
- Murchison River Lodge: Offering comfortable budget cottages and tents, this lodge is a great choice for visitors looking to explore the falls and the park's wildlife.
- Nile Safari Lodge: Located on the southern bank of the Nile, this lodge offers budget rooms with serene river views. It's an ideal starting point for exploring Murchison Falls National Park.
Budget Camps in Kidepo Valley National Park:
- Apoka Safari Lodge: While slightly pricier than other options, Apoka Safari Lodge offers budget-friendly bandas with spectacular views of the park's sweeping plains.
- Nga'Moru Wilderness Camp: This camp offers budget travelers comfortable tents with en-suite bathrooms and is a great choice for exploring the remote beauty of Kidepo Valley.
- Kidepo Savannah Lodge: Located near the park's Kalokudo Gate, this lodge provides budget accommodations with a genuine safari experience.
- Kidepo Hostel: For the most budget-conscious travelers, Kidepo Hostel offers dormitory-style rooms in a friendly atmosphere, making it an excellent choice for backpackers.
Budget Safari Lodge in Lake Mburo National Park:
- Eagle's Nest: This camp offers budget-friendly accommodation in well-maintained tents with comfortable bedding. It's located near the park's Nshara Gate and is an excellent choice for nature enthusiasts.
- Rwakobo Rock: Situated a short drive from the park's main entrance, Rwakobo Rock offers budget travelers comfortable cottages and tented rooms with great views of Lake Mburo.
- Rwonyo Rest Camp: Managed by the Uganda Wildlife Authority, this camp offers budget-friendly self-contained bandas for visitors who want to explore the park's diverse wildlife on a budget.
- Arcadia Cottages: Located just outside the park, Arcadia Cottages provides budget travelers with cozy rooms and a tranquil atmosphere, making it a great base for safari activities in Lake Mburo National Park.