Gorilla Habituation Experience Road Tour
3 Days 2 Nights
The Gorilla Habituation Experience Road Tour
Rates are per person and based on 2 people sharing 1 room
Solo Traveler can also book this trip
Excluding international flights (from/to your home country)
This 3 Day Gorilla habituation experience road tour is the first of its kind and takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for three memorable nights with one day of gorilla habituation experience. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is well known for being home to almost a half of the endangered mountain gorillas in the whole world. It’s a wonderful place where mountain gorillas co-exist with wild chimpanzees. Until recently Bwindi impenetrable National Park was known for gorilla trekking but with the introduction of gorilla habituation experience by Uganda Wildlife Authority, those that would love to spend more hours with gorillas should look at booking our 3 day gorilla habituation experience road tour.
Summary of our 3 Day Gorilla Habituation experience road tour
- Day 01: Our 3 day Gorilla habituation experience road tour starts from Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Day 02: Spend 4 hours with gorillas during your 3 day Gorilla habituation experience road tour in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 03: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe for your departure flight.
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Entebbe (Uganda)
- You’ll visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Activities: gorilla habituation experience
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for extra cost
Things To Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small Group Safari: Max 6 People per group
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
DAY 1: Start your 3 Day Gorilla habituation experience road tour
You will be picked by Encounter Africa safaris driver guide to start your 3 day gorilla habituation experience road tour to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Our safaris normally start very early in the morning with stops at the Equator crossing for photography and a lunch break in Mbarara town. You will then proceed to the southern part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park because this is where gorilla habituation experience is currently taking place. This journey is very scenic as you have an opportunity to see the Kigezi rolling hills and valleys as you travel to Kisoro or southern part if Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will arrive late afternoon for Dinner and Overnight.
Drivetime: 9-10 hours
Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Overnight Lodge: Nkuringo Gorilla Camp
DAY 2: Gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
You will wake up early in the morning and head to the park headquarters to join other clients for briefing about dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas on your habituation experience. After briefing, you will start your trek into the forest guided by researchers and guides. During your trek, you may encounter several birds, other animals and primates in the forest and once you have found the gorillas you will spend four hours with them and return back to the Lodge for overnight. You will have an opportunity to listen and observer researchers doing their work of habituating gorillas and if possible you will be called upon to participate by collecting samples, naming of group members, making calls and so much more.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner
Overnight Lodge: Nkuringo Gorilla Camp
DAY 3: End of 3 day gorilla habituation experience road tour
After breakfast and depending on your departure flights, you will drive back to Kampala or Entebbe international Airport, marking the end of your 3 day gorilla habituation experience road tour.
- Airport transfers on first and last day,
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Fuel for the whole trip
- Accommodation and meal plan as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees
- Drinking water while in the vehicle
- Gorilla Habituation permit at USD1500.00 per person(we book it for you)
- Pre and post tour accommodation in Entebbe or Kampala
- International airfares
- Uganda Visa (USD50 which can be paid on arrival at the Airport
- Items of personal nature such as tips, drinks, and laundry
STANDARD: 4X4 SAFARI VAN
Our standard mode of transport is by road and we use 4×4 Safari Vans customized for game viewing and photography. Each safari van comes with a professionally trained driver guide and fuel for the whole safari. Our Safari vans have viewing hatches and each client is entitled to a window seat. Our Vans can take up to eight people. We also have 4×4 Super Customs very comfortable and stable on the road. These carry up to 5 people with their luggage. We also have 4×4 RAV 4 for a group of two people
UPGRADE: 4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LANDCRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while IN THE VEHICLE). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as your smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed of a window seat.