Organize a boat and game viewing safari to Lake Mburo NP from Mbarara city
Organize a boat and game viewing safari to Lake Mburo NP from Mbarara city. Enjoying a game drive coupled with a boat safari in Lake Mburo National Park gives you more chances with the amazing herbivores of Uganda which this park is known to host. You may also have a chance to see domestic animals sharing a feeding spot with wild animals.
Most Popular Safaris
A brief about Lake Mburo National Park is that it is located about 3 hours and a half from Kampala or Entebbe. It is the closest Uganda National Park to Uganda’s capital, Kampala, and Entebbe International Airport. In terms of vegetation, Lake Mburo National Park is composed of open water, wetland, grassland, woodland, and forest patches that favor the survival of the diverse population of herbivores.
While on an early morning and late afternoon game drive, you may have an opportunity to see impalas, zebras, elands, topis, elephants, herds of buffaloes, waterbucks, bushbucks, oribi, reedbucks and others. While on a boat ride, you may spot crocodiles, hippos and others.
If your point of commencement is Mbarara City, you are just a few minutes from the entrance gate to Lake Mburo National Park. The drive from Mbarara city is about 50 kilometers from Sanga gate, one entry point into Laka Mburo National Park.
You can do an excursion game and boat safari in Lake Mburo National Park and return home or depart for your late night international flight.
How to Organise Boat and Game Viewing Safari in Lake Mburo from Mbarara City
Identify number of people you are travelling with to Lake Mburo National Park
For planning, know the people you are traveling with to Lake Mburo National Park. This helps with booking the appropriate vehicle during
the game safari in the park. Every person needs a window seat for better visibility and a chance to take photos. Having a 4×4 wheel drive vehicle is of better advantage, especially during the severe rainy seasons when tracks get messy.
Secure accommodation for your night in Laka Mburo National Park
This is optional for those on an excursion to Lake Mburo National Park. Lake Mburo National Park has several options of accommodations within and you can also return to Mbarara city for your nights. Lake Mburo accommodations are graded according to luxury, mid-range, and budget facilities.
Lake Mburo Accommodations: Kimbla Mantana Tented Camp, Mihingo Lodge, Mburo Safari Lodge, UWA Hostels, Rwonyo Rest Camp, Arcadia Cottages.
Purchase Park Entrance fees for Lake Mburo National Park
For every entry into Uganda National Park, you must pay park fees. Even in parks like Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Mgahinga National Park or Kibale National Park, the park fees are included in the permit cost.
Park entrance fees help support the running of the park business, and it is from these that the park gets to support the community. Sometimes, animals stray into the community, and when there is a good relationship with the community, it’s easier to report stray animals to the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
From the park fees, Uganda Wildlife Authority can track maintenance and several other park activities.
You must pre-purchase park entrance fees as cash is no longer accepted at the gate entrance.
At Encounter Africa Safaris, we can assist you in preparing a perfect itinerary for your Uganda safari to Lake Mburo National Park, booking necessary accommodations, securing a vehicle, paying park entrance fees, and other related safari activities.
Park the right safari gears
While on safari in Uganda, you need to have the right safari gear so that you are comfortable to view the wild animals in their free space and keep memories of your experience. You must have the right color of safari clothes that will not attract stingers like tsetse flies.
Your clothes must be in wilderness-friendly colors like tan and Khaki. Camouflage is unacceptable in Uganda as it may be mistaken for military wear. Packing light but purposefully saves you from having so many unnecessary bags that may be bulky even to you.’
What activities to do in Lake Mburo National Park
Game Drives in Lake Mburo National Park
While in Lake Mburo National Park, you can do the early morning or late afternoon game drive. The park has several interesting tracks like Eland track, zebra track, Ruroko track, and Impala track to mention but a few.
During the game drive in Lake Mburo National Park, you may spot impalas, zebras, waterbucks, herds of buffaloes, and giraffes. In the southern part of the park, the lakeside track passes through the dense woodland. Here you may spot waterbucks, bushbucks, bush duikers. When you reach Kigmbira Hill, you enjoy the stunning view of Lake Mburo.
While at Kazuma hill when you pass Kazuma track, you also enjoy the beautiful view of Lake Mburo and several others. Watch out for a variety of birds that linger in the park.
Boat ride on Lake Mburo
You can explore Lake Mburo by boat to enjoy the beautiful and relaxing environment around the Lake. On the eastern shores of Lake Mburo, you may spot a number of birds like pelicans, herons, cormorants, fish eagles, and of course, the rare shoebill. You may spot some fishermen casting their nets, but this is with permission from Uganda Wildlife Authority.
In the water, you may spot crocodiles and hippos that spend a lot of time in the water.
Visit the salt lick area on Lake Mburo National Park
By a guided walk, you may enjoy viewing a number of Wild animals that love spending time at the salt lick area. You may spot waterbucks, bushbucks, antelopes, and elands which are frequent visitors of this spot. By standing at the view platform, you enjoy a number of animals at the natural salt-licking spot.
Forest Walk in Ruganda Forest
On foot, you can explore Rubanga forest in Lake Mburo National Park. This tropical forest is located on the western side of Lake Mburo. Here, you have a great opportunity to spot a number of forest birds. You must have a ranger guide.
When Is The Best Time To Book Game Safari and Boat Safari To Lake Mburo National Park
A visit to Lake Mburo National Park for the game and Lake Mburo boat safaris is open all year. Most visitors, however, prefer the dry season, which is normally June, July, August, September, December, and January, when animals are more in the open.
In the dry season, even the grass is lower so seeing the wild animals is clearer. The tracks may be dusty but passable since they are not tarmacked. You must know that prices for Uganda safaris in the dry season tend to increase due to demand. The chances of finding many cars in the park are high since Lake Mburo National Park is just a few hours from the main capital.
During the wet season, which serves as Uganda’s low season, that is, March, April, May, and November, animals keep in hiding, but chances of witnessing births are more open. Fewer people are in the park, so having the park to yourself is possible, especially if you wish to have an exclusive moment in Lake Mburo National Park.
Is Lake Mburo National Park Safe For A Game Safari?
Lake Mburo National Park is safe for game safaris as there are trained Uganda Wildlife Authority ranger guides to protect the wild animals, their habitat, and tourists. They coordinate security work with other Uganda security operatives to keep law and order.
You must pay attention to your security by not loitering the forest without an escorting ranger guide. The wild animals in the park are not tamed but living freely in the wilderness. Please do not walk in Lake Mburo National Park even though it famous for having herbivores mainly. They are wild animals that can charge at you when provoked.
During the game drive, do not dangle your limbs during the game drive in Lake Mburo National Park because you can get hurt. Stay out of the safari vehicle for toilet breaks because you may not know what is watching or awaiting you.
What Is The Cost Of A Uganda Safari In Lake Mburo National Park?
At Encounter Africa Safaris, we cost safari packages according to Luxury, mid-range and budget packages. The cost of park entrance fees is the universal cost of Lake Mburo National Park. The cost of park entrance fees for Lake Mburo National Park is currently $40 per person per trek. This is for all categories.
To get the cost of safaris to Lake Mburo National Park, some of these are considered the number of people on safari, days on safari, number of activities to do on safari, and so much more.
The cost of safaris in the high season is high, whilst the low season Lake Mburo safari costs may be higher due to high demand. Chances of getting discounted safari costs are more open in the low season because service providers may offer more discounted prices as they try to breakeven.
How To Be Have While On Safari In Lake Mburo National Park
- Please do not attempt to feed wild animals while on safari because they must depend on nature not human provision.
- Stay in the safari vehicle during the game drive because you may not know what may be kept in hiding.
- Keep voices low during game drives, and do not shoot at animals, as you may not know their reactions.
- Do not drive off track, as this is punishable by the laws of the park. In case you have to seek permission from Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Avoid touching wild animals because they live in the wild where they can pass an infection to you or hurt you.
- When taking photographs, do not use flash photography that may agitate the animals. This may be the reason to charge you.
- Only walk into the forest with an escorting ranger guide because you may land into an angry animal that may hurt you.
- Wear the eight safari clothing in wilderness-friendly colors that may not cause a reaction from the animals
What Can I Pack For a Game and boat Safari In Lake Mburo National Park?
- Pack wilderness-friendly colors that may not attract stinging insects like tsetse flies.
- A travel Journal to keep all the great moments of your safari experience with your spouse
- Binoculars for clear views of the fur apart animals and birds
- Sunscreen to smear all over your body and protect yourself from sunburns from the scorching sun.
- Flip flops and canvas shoes for activities like game drives and nature walks respectively.
- A torch to use when the lights go out at night.
- light wear, especially sleeveless, in case it gets too hot during the game drive.
- A camera to protect your memories in Lake Mburo National Park
- Some hard cash to exchange into local currency in case you want to do local transactions. Credit cards are rarely used in Uganda, especially in local shops.
- Pack another fully charged buttery to reload with in case one runs low.
- Insect repellant to protect your body from stinging insects that roam the park
- First Aid kit with some of your medication in case you get an urgent attack or bite.
- Safari hat with a large brim to protect your hair from dust that the park tracks normally have.
- Some warm wear because it gets too cold early morning and late afternoon when the sun is going down.
- Toiletries as some accommodation facilities need to be in a position to provide them.
- Energy snacks to munch on during the game drives
- Bring a backpack in your Uganda safari gear so they don’t scatter in the wilderness.
- Raincoat in case you have to drive and make stopovers in the park during the severe rainy season
- Flip flops to change into when it gets too hot while on a game drive in Lake Mburo National Park.
Contact us for more information to plan your boat and game viewing safari.