7 Day Mombasa Diani extended beach holiday Kenya
7 Days 6 Nights
This 7 day Mombasa Diani extended beach holiday will take you to one of the most beautiful part of Kenya in Mombasa and Diani. It combines beach life and history of Mombasa town and beaches on the south and Northern shores of the Indian Ocean.
This beach holiday is meant for those who prefer spending relaxed moments on the beach. Life here is a one in a lifetime moment and once here, one needs to spend as many days as he/she can afford.
Diani Beach located on the southern part of Mombasa is an ideal place to end your Kenya safari or relax after your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda and Rwanda.
Mombasa on the otherside is located on the northen part and provides a condusive environment for holiday makers to enjoy beach life and tour this historical and monumental colonial town.
Diani and Mombasa provide a perfect escape for those interested in spending a lazy moment at the Kenya coast. Diani boosts of 17km beautiful white sand and green lushed forest alongside blue ocean waters which will make your stay so magical creating a lifetime experience.
While at Diani, you will participate in activities such as snorkeling, scuba-diving and trips to enjoy marine life in glass-bottomed boats. (All these activities are optional and can be paid separately.
From Diani, you also enjoy a boat excursion to Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park to have a chance of spotting Dolphins and other see fish species (All this depends on your luck and season). You will stop at Wasin Island for lunch prepared by the locals.
Here you will will enjoy a variety of see food depending on your choice. Activities at Wasin Island and Marine park include snorkeling, swimming and skydiving. After your boat excursion, you will return to your beach hotel where a variety of activities and enjoyment will be awaiting you.
Summary of 7 Day Mombasa Diani extended beach holiday Kenya
Day 01: Pick up from Airport to Mombasa town for a city tour
Day 02: Mombasa Beach life
Day 03: Transfer to Diani
Day 04: Excursion to Wasin and Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Park
Day 05 and 06: Beach life and relaxation
Day 07: Transfer back to Moi International Airport
Day one: Arrival and transfer to Diani
Arrival at Moi international Airport and you will be picked up by your safari guide of the day who will meet, greet and take you for Mombasa city tour that may include a visit to Fort Jesus, several temples, Maama Ngina and craft markets. Lunch will be served in a selected restaurant and then proceed to your Beach hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day two: Mombasa beach life
After your breakfast, you will be free to enjoy beach life on the shores of the Indian ocean. Mombasa is located on the northern shores of Indian ocean and you may decide to swim, enjoy the beauty of the blue water, participate in boat rides, take a walk on the beach and or swim in Hotel swimming pools. Mombasa Beach hotels have some of the best swimming pools in East Africa. Lunch, dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day three: Transfer to Diani
After breakfast, our guide will drive you through Mombasa town to the ferry crossing to start your one-hour drive to Diani beach. The drive will take you small towns and you will be able to see matatus, small craft shops as you head to your overnight beach Hotel. You will arrive at your hotel for Lunch and it will be your turn to enjoy beach life in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at your respective Beach Hotel
Day four: Excursion to Kisite-Mpunguti Marine Park and Wasin Island.
After an early morning breakfast, your driver transfer you to Shimoni south of Diani where you will be registered and then be allowed to take a boat excursion to Kisite-Mpunguti and Wasin Island.
These boats are operated by the locals who are very knowledgeable in as far as Marine life in Indian ocean is concerned. At Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park, you may have an opportunity to see Dolphins, see fish species, Coral reefs among others. While at this marine park, you are free to jump out of the boat for swimming, snokeling or relax in the middle of the ocean.
After your visit to this Marine National Park, you will take your boat to Wasin Island where a variety of dishes are served. You will have a chance to test see food and fish as well as local juice prepared by women on this Island restaurant.
Wasin Island restaurant is an example of how marine tourism is contributing to the development of the locals. All the proceeds from the sell of meals go to community projects. The locals here will also share with you their culture which is very amazing.
After lunch,you will transfer by boat to Shimoni and then back to your Beach resort hotel for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Day five and Six: Diano Beach life, walks and swimming
After your breakfast, you are free to relax on the beach, take a walk on this beautiful beach that stretches 17kms as you observe tides and blue ocean with happy people. This is one of the most amazing experiences you should not miss. The walk on this beautiful Diani beach is so relaxing and rewarding. Return to your Hotel for Lunch, short relaxation and swimming in the pool or ocean. A couple of surprise activities may be arranged for you to make sure that you enjoy your stay. Dinner and overnight at your Lodge.
Day Seven: Transfer to Moi International Airport
Depending on your flight details, your driver will transfer you to Moi International Airport for your flight out. It was a pleasure hosting you.
This safari is available on private basis so you can contact us for a quote. Provide us with details of how many people you will be in a group, when you intend to travel and one of our specialists will respond to you as soon as we receive your email
Included in the package
- All transfers
- Accommodation during your stay
- All meals and drinks as per itinerary
- All activities mentioned except those marked optional
- English and Swahili speaking driver guide
- Boat excursion to Marine parks and Wasin Island
- Personalised private service
Excluded in the package
- International flights, taxes and visa fees
- Passport and visa application and processing
- Tips and all expenses of personal Nature
- Alcoholic drinks
- All activities marked as optional.
STANDARD: 4X4 SAFARI VAN
Our standard mode of transport is by road and we use 4×4 Safari Vans customized for game viewing and photography. Each safari van comes with a professionally trained driver guide and fuel for the whole safari. Our Safari vans have viewing hatches and each client is entitled to a window seat. Our Vans can take up to eight people. We also have 4×4 Super Customs very comfortable and stable on the road. These carry up to 5 people with their luggage. We also have 4×4 RAV 4 for a group of two people
UPGRADE: 4X4 LUXURY SAFARI LANDCRUISER
We have luxury latest Land cruisers each driven by professionally trained driver guides and fuel. They have pop-up roofs for proper game viewing and photography. They come with a small fridge for cooling your drinking water while on safari (which is always included while IN THE VEHICLE). They have inverters for charging small gadgets such as your smartphones and cameras. They can seat five to a maximum of seven people and each client is guaranteed of a window seat.
New Normal Travel Guidelines (SOPs)
At Encounter Africa Safaris our core value is to provide you with an authentic safari experience during these new and changing times when the whole world is alert about the ongoing pandemic of the Coronavirus. Encounter Africa Safari Travel SOPS have been put in place to ensure the wellbeing, safety and health of our clients and as such guidelines and measures have been put in place as we return to the new normal post covid-19. All these are in line with advice, guidelines and procedures for a post covid-19 traveler put in place by WHO, UNWTO, UWA, AUTO, UTB and Civil Aviation.
General recommendations for personal hygiene, cough etiquette and keeping a distance of at least one meter from persons showing symptoms remain particularly important for all travelers and even those without symptoms. These include:
- Refrain from touching mouth, eyes and nose, in general areas of the face.
On arrival at the airport or any entry point
- Mandatory hand washing / sanitizing at all entrances of the Airport for all travelers and staff.
- Face masks are a must for all travelers, the recommended mask is an N95.
In the vehicle while traveling.
At the lodge.
Encounter Africa Safaris is working with only those lodges that have proven to uphold the health of our clients first and practicing as per the guidelines of WHO as below;
At the national parks.
Tourist vehicles and boats within the national parks
- The National guidelines issued by MoH shall be enforced by tourists while in visiting the National Parks i.e
- Saloon cars – 3 persons (This does not include the guide, where one is requested and paid for)
- Buses, mini buses and omnibuses – Half capacity
- Overlanders – Half capacity
- Concessionaire delivery vehicles, pick-ups and lories – 2 persons
- Private boats and launches – Half capacity
- Tour operator game drive vehicles and UWA owned game drive vehicles – 6 persons
- Social distancing should be observed within the vehicles
- Tour operators and service providers will be regularly reminded to disinfect their cars regularly
- UWA owned vehicles will be washed every day before use and disinfected daily through spray pumps
Key Tourism Activities
Briefing of tourists
Gorilla and Chimpanzee Tracking
- The existing gorilla and chimpanzee tracking rules and guidelines (see annex) will remain in force to prevent any human to animal transmissions. These include
- 8 and 6 tourists will be allowed to track the gorillas and chimpanzees respectively
- The tourists must keep 7m away from the gorillas and chimpanzees
- Tourists who during the briefing are observed to be overly coughing shall not be allowed to track
- During these breaks, social distancing should be observed
- The regular park rules shall apply
- The vehicle guidelines above shall also apply
- Masks shall be worn at all time
- The regular park rules shall apply
- The boat and launches guidelines above shall also apply
- The UWA owned boats must be cleaned and disinfected every day before any boat cruise activity
- The guide shall enforce social distancing while on the boat.
- Masks shall be worn at all time while on the boat
Anticipated travel needs for anyone traveling post Covid-19
- Bring enough of your medicine to last you for the entire trip.
- Pack enough alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) and keep it within easy to reach.
- Prepare food and water for your trip where possible and avoid eating at places providing buffets.
- Limit the number of people you get in contact with while on safari.
For more information about safety and healthy responses and updates on Covid-19 in Uganda and East Africa, do not hesitate to contact Encounter Africa Safaris